Global vigil for Syria 2014

viacam...@viacampesina.org

Mar 12, 2014, 9:00:45 AM3/12/14
to via info en
#WithSyria: global vigil for Syria 2014

Syria is the worst humanitarian crisis of the 21st century. Every day children, women and men in Syria are living through unspeakable horror. Nearly half the population has been forced to flee their homes in fear. Over 100,000 people have been killed.

15th March 2014 marks the third anniversary of the Syria crisis, three years of failure by the world to end the appalling suffering.

We must tell our leaders: don't let the people of Syria lose another year to bloodshed and suffering. We must stand #WithSyria.

Together, we call on all parties to the conflict and all those with influence to:

1. Stop the bloodshed: This means ending attacks on civilians, including schools and hospitals. It means respect for the laws of war and the rights of those affected by the conflict.

2. Ensure all those in need can access life-saving assistance: This means ending sieges and agreeing humanitarian pauses so that civilians can reach help and get to safety. It means removing obstructions to civilians getting the aid they need; and it means ending all attacks on aid workers. It means international donors providing enough funds for the massive international aid response required in Syria and the region.

3. Commit to inclusive peace talks: This means making sure the voices of those affected – including civil society and women - can be heard and heeded.

Join our Global Vigil: We want people everywhere to come together, to shine a light of hope for Syria and its people.

Faces for Syria:Upload or ‘donate’ your image and help light up iconic buildings around the world.