Sub-surface Flow

Jack

Jan 24, 2023, 6:41:32 PM1/24/23
to VI-Suite
Hello Ryan Southall,

I am trying to schedule window opening parameters as per your video, however the windows don't seem to be open at rational times.

Can you see something i'm doing wrong?

using VI-suite 0.6.1
Network.PNGNode tree.PNG

Cheers,
Jack

VI-Suite

Jan 25, 2023, 1:52:23 PM1/25/23
to VI-Suite
The Lower OF and Upper OF values are actually temperature differences between inside and outside. You have them set so that the windows opens when the zone hits 20degC from your schedule and the zone temperature is greater then ambient (Lower OF 0) and close again when the zone temperature is more than 1 degree above ambient (Upper OF 1). Make Upper OF higher (EnergyPlus default is 100degC). I've never quite figured why EnergyPlus does it this way. I should make the interface clearer about this and use better defaults. I'll make some changes for v0.7.
Image below is from EP documentation.
Modulation of venting area according to inside-outside temperature difference. [fig:modulation-of-venting-area-according-to]
As you have no heating applied to the space it's also possible you are not hitting the schedule set-point of 20degC very often either.

Jack

Jan 26, 2023, 3:31:58 AM1/26/23
to VI-Suite
Hello Ryan,

Thank you so much for the help, Setting the upper limit to 100°C worked perfectly.
There is enough heating as the model is for Auckland, New Zealand (subtropical).
I'm currently building up this model to simulate radiant cooling in humid environments.

Thank you for your help,
Jack

Your Addon is fantastic!