VI Display

Chingiz Asadzade

Dec 6, 2022, 1:55:20 PM12/6/22
to VI-Suite
Hi all,
I hope you are doing well.
I have 2 questions to ask for a help :)

1) I have modeled a carroof with solar cells integrated on it to calculate irradiance of each cell. But when I do the basic LiVi context simulation with gensky or gendaylit I can get the values only in lux. In VI display there are only two options which are lux and watts (no w/m**2), and when I select watts the values and legend simply doesn't change, and as soon as I zoom out in Blender the VI Display shuts down.

2) Is there a way to name each face so when doing a .csv export in addition to coordinates there also would be a text with the face name (or row and column number)

Thanks a lot in advance
roof.PNG

VI-Suite

Dec 6, 2022, 2:14:16 PM12/6/22
to VI-Suite
Hi.
If you are using a recent version of v0.7 then you should get lux and visible W/m2 with gensky, and if you choose full spectrum with gendaylit you should get full spectrum Watts and full spectrum W/m2.
There is a bug in Blender that causes problems when the viewport is maximised and visualisation is running. VI-Suite workaround is to shut down VI Display if maximising the window. Just turn it back on again after maximising.

CSV does not write out face indices at the moment but it's not a bad idea so may implement that at some point.