Facing Problem on IES for Artificial Lighting

David L

Feb 23, 2023, 3:01:06 AM2/23/23
to VI-Suite
Hi, I'm using VI-Suite for lighting simulation. I want to simulate Artificial lighting
using IES.
So here's my problem. I have two IES files in same directory. (A.ies & B.ies)
And when I import A.ies and it works great.

But when I import B.ies for my spotlight and export in LiVi Geometry node
(same workflow with A.ies)

 it shows me this error log:
화면 캡처 2023-02-23 135953.png

Any advice for this situation?
David

VI-Suite

Feb 23, 2023, 3:06:54 AM2/23/23
to VI-Suite
Can you post here the problem IES file?

David L

Feb 27, 2023, 3:15:41 AM2/27/23
to VI-Suite

OK. So, CDM70 is working well, and this calabash doesn't.
2023년 2월 23일 목요일 오후 5시 6분 54초 UTC+9에 VI-Suite님이 작성:
CDM70_3K_PAR38_FL.ies
calabashp3.ies

David L

Feb 27, 2023, 3:15:45 AM2/27/23
to VI-Suite
And one more thing:
Is there a way to clear previously exported LiVi geometry data?
Just want to make sure, because when I export my geometry in LiVi Geometry node, Seems that the previous geometry remains in some data form(consumes computing power).

2023년 2월 23일 목요일 오후 5시 6분 54초 UTC+9에 VI-Suite님이 작성:
Can you post here the problem IES file?

VI-Suite

Feb 27, 2023, 5:25:01 AM2/27/23
to VI-Suite
If you hide geometry in the Blender viewport it will get ignored on export.

VI-Suite

Feb 27, 2023, 8:19:55 AM2/27/23
to VI-Suite
I have committed a potential fix for the IES file to master.