VI-Suite time and sun position

Chingiz Asadzade

Sep 2, 2023, 9:27:20 AM9/2/23
to VI-Suite
Dear Dr. Southall,
I hope you are doing well.

I am using VI-Suite for my Master's thesis, to validate the shading patter on solar panels through comparison of I-V curves of simulations to measurement data. There are 3 solar panels with a shading object installed on them on one of the roofs of our institute(Franuhofer iSE) and I have I-V curve measurement data fort them every 5 minutes during almost a year.
The issue that I faced is that Blender shades the panel one hour ahead. From measurement data it is clear that on March 22 8 in the morning the module is not shaded. But Blender is showing a shading pattern which is exactly the same for 9 a.m. If I choose the input as 7 a.m then the module is not shaded and the simulation suits the measurement data for 8 a.m. It is also the case for other timesteps.

I would like to ask for your opinion what could be the reason for that? What time does VI-Suite use, are dayligt savings considered?
Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Chingiz Asadzade

VI-Suite

Sep 19, 2023, 5:55:47 AM9/19/23
to VI-Suite
Hi.
LiVi time is local solar time (sun is south/north at midday). so you'll need to factor in meridian offset and daylight saving for your particular location.
Ryan

VI-Suite

Sep 22, 2023, 4:36:10 AM9/22/23
to VI-Suite
Apologies. Made a mistake in my last reply. LiVi time is apparent solar time for the local meridian, so meridional offset is accounted for. It is the difference between clock time and this, due to time zone and any daylight saving,  you need to account for.
Ryan