Late change proposed to CY2020 for OpenEXR

Nick Cannon

Oct 19, 2019, 8:06:22 PM10/19/19
to vfx-platform-discuss
The recent OpenEXR 2.4.0 release contains several bug fixes, including a number of security vulnerabilities that are important to be adopted. It also includes significant improvements to the build system that will make life much easier for many on this list.

The CY2020 VFX Reference Platform had been finalized with OpenEXR 2.3.x so we are proposing a late change to CY2020 to change it to 2.4.x.

There should be no burden for people to switch to 2.4, even binary should be fully backwards compatible.

It is rare for us to propose a late change like this but the benefits are significant and the downsides seem negligible.

Please reply on this thread or email feed...@vfxplatform.com before October 31st if you have any questions or concerns about this change. If there are no major objections by that date then we will make the change effective from 1st November.

Nick

Nick Cannon

Nov 2, 2019, 1:42:33 PM11/2/19
to vfx-platform-discuss
Change confirmed to CY2020, OpenEXR now updated to 2.4.x.

Nick