Upcoming events for the VFX Reference Platform

Nick Cannon

Jul 11, 2023, 7:02:08 PM7/11/23
to vfx-platform-discuss
We have two events coming up next month so please save the date if you are able to attend either, or both.

In a change from previous years, our major annual event will be a virtual-only User Group that is a free public meeting, separate from SIGGRAPH. We will still have a Birds of a Feather session at SIGGRAPH but that will be in-person only for SIGGRAPH attendees and is being repurposed as a recap of the User Group, and an open discussion of the issues raised.

Annual VFX Reference Platform User Group
  • Tuesday, August 1st, 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm BST
  • Virtual event via Zoom (details will be sent to vfx-platform-discuss closer to the time)
  • Free to attend, no registration required
  • Agenda:
    • CY2024 discussion
    • ASWF Docker containers
    • An update on the VFX Linux recommendations
    • Lessons learned from upgrading to EL 8.x / 9.x
    • Q&A / Discussion

SIGGRAPH BoF: VFX Reference Platform - A Common Platform for VFX Software
  • Monday, August 7th, 11 am to 12 pm PT
  • In-person at LA Convention Center
  • Open only to SIGGRAPH attendees registered as Experience or above
  • Agenda:
    • Recap of the User Group
    • Open discussion
We hope that having a free virtual event means we'll see many of you online for our User Group on August 1st.

Nick

Nick Cannon

Jul 31, 2023, 8:59:42 PM7/31/23
to vfx-platform-discuss
Just a reminder that the Annual VFX Reference Platform User Group is less than 24 hours away and is free to attend.

Tuesday, August 1st at 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm BST

Connect to Zoom via https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82965310117 with passcode: 544967, or just click this link to join directly.

Nick

Nick Cannon

Sep 5, 2023, 12:59:58 PM9/5/23
to vfx-platform-discuss
Thank you to all who attended the User Group just over a month ago, or the Birds of a Feather session at SIGGRAPH which turned out to be a lively discussion in a slightly uncomfortably full room. Further feedback on this new format is welcome, but so far it's been universally positive so we'll do something similar next year.

A recording of the User Group is now available at https://youtu.be/lA0dZMhqlSo.

Nick