DCC platform support reference

Daniel Elliott Jones

Jun 28, 2020, 7:43:54 PM6/28/20
to vfx-platform-discuss
Is there a resource which shows a quick lookup as to which year platform each DCC app is aligned to? ie houdini has his page...

which shows that 18 is VP19 compliant. would be nice to have a table on the vfxplatform site to be able to lookup the general landscape to also include which compilers/build environments are encouraged by the DCC apps (for example which version of visual studio is supported on windows).

I usually am able to google my way to this info, but someone at work here at weta asked if there was an easier way to lookup this stuff.

Chad Dombrova

Jun 28, 2020, 7:49:07 PM6/28/20
to Daniel Elliott Jones, vfx-platform-discuss
I would love to see an official compatibility matrix, but here’s one that I’ve been maintaining myself:

Daniel Elliott Jones

Jun 28, 2020, 9:14:56 PM6/28/20
to vfx-platform-discuss
That's great thanks Chad. Yeah would be great to have this on the main site.

Attila Szabo

Jun 28, 2020, 10:40:54 PM6/28/20
to Daniel Elliott Jones, vfx-platform-discuss

This spreadsheet tracks Python 3 support in DDCs and other M&E software: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10XG92byepTD-LEeXx4mBjhGaNPtJsd_QaXlZ866wj7k/edit#gid=0