Links from User Group

Nick Cannon

Aug 1, 2023, 9:37:12 PM8/1/23
to vfx-platform-discuss
Thank you to all those who attended the User Group earlier today. We'll look into posting the recording in a couple of weeks, after SIGGRAPH is out of the way.

As promised in the discussion, here are some of the links we mentioned:

VFX Reference Platform website - https://vfxplatform.com

Links from JF's aswf-docker overview:
The full VFX Linux report from last year, the recommendation from which is still as valid today as it was when we published it 12 months ago - https://bit.ly/VFXlinux22

Recent news about RHEL's decision to limit access to source code, and various responses from the downstream distribution maintainers:
The new VFX Reference Platform wiki which is initially focused on being a community hub for sharing tips and gotchas for upgrading from CentOS/RHEL 7 to EL 8 or 9:
Where you can continue the discussion:

Nick