Change mailing list reply's to list, not to email author

Deke Kincaid

Jul 19, 2021, 1:46:51 PM7/19/21
to vfx-platform-discuss
The vfxplatform google group currently is set for all replies to go to the author of the email you are replying to, not the mailing list.  Can we please get this changed?  Otherwise, you don't realize you are having a private conversation with the author you are replying to instead of the entire mailing list.

Nick Cannon

Jul 31, 2021, 5:54:59 PM7/31/21
to Deke Kincaid, vfx-platform-discuss
On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 10:46 AM Deke Kincaid <dekek...@gmail.com> wrote:
The vfxplatform google group currently is set for all replies to go to the author of the email you are replying to, not the mailing list.  Can we please get this changed?  Otherwise, you don't realize you are having a private conversation with the author you are replying to instead of the entire mailing list.

The group is already set to "Sender chooses recipient" and, unless more people speak up to request otherwise, the intention is not to change it because all the other options are much more prescriptive. It does mean people need to reply-all when using emails, but the default is to post to the group when using the web interface.

On a different note, it seems Gmail has become more aggressive about filtering Google Groups email to spam in recent weeks and I have just discovered a bunch of messages in my spam folder. Apologies for that, and the upcoming flurry of emails...

Nick

image.png