RHEL 9.2 released

Neal Gompa

May 10, 2023, 10:09:32 AM5/10/23
to vfx-platform-discuss
Hey folks,

Today, Red Hat released RHEL 9.2[1], which provides an awesome
goodie-bag of new features and fixes. For the VFX community, there are
a few things to note:

* Python 3.11 is included[2]
* GCC 12 via GCC Toolset is included[3]
* Intel Arc (DG2) GPU support is available as an optional tech preview[4]

This release of RHEL also qualifies for extended update support (EUS),
as will every future even point release of RHEL 9:
https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata#RHEL9_Planning_Guide

From the community side of things, the Fedora KDE SIG is planning to
rebase Qt 6 to 6.5 LTS[5] and KDE Plasma to 5.27 LTS[6]. These should
be coming to EPEL 9 in the next few weeks.

I hope you folks enjoy this new release! And from the Fedora KDE side
of things, I hope you'll enjoy what we bring to RHEL/CentOS users in
the coming weeks.

[1]: https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/speed-innovation-new-features-red-hat-enterprise-linux-92-and-88
[2]: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/9/html/9.2_release_notes/new-features#BZ-2127923
[3]: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/9/html/9.2_release_notes/new-features#BZ-2110583