PySide-5.15.3 breaking change.

Niall Lenihan

Mar 30, 2023, 11:17:39 PM3/30/23
to vfx-platform-discuss
Hi everyone.

It looks like PySide-5.15.3 introduced a breaking change. As this version is within accepted range for CYs 21/22/23 I thought I'd flag it here for visibility.

Specifically the change is within the shiboken2 code that is shipped with pyside, as downloaded here.

This version contains a change to signature of the function setErrorAboutWrongArguments (An additional argument was added).

It seems like this symbol is required inside generated bindings, making using code compiled using this version incompatible in DCCs using earlier versions (and vice versa)