Looking for advice about non-functioning Numpad keys in Qt 5.12.6

Paul Miller

Sep 17, 2020, 12:23:55 PM9/17/20
to vfx-platfo...@googlegroups.com
Hello all -

I build Qt 5.12.6 from source, on Centos 7, and am having an issue where
the numeric keypad number keys always report Home/End/PgUp/PgDown
regardless if whether numeric lock is on or off.

Some searches indicate this has to do with missing xcb dev libs during
Qt build, but I have all the dependencies specified on the Qt build site.

Has anyone else run into this issue and possibly have a solution?

Cheers,

-Paul

Charles Fleche

Sep 17, 2020, 12:26:21 PM9/17/20
to Paul Miller, vfx-platfo...@googlegroups.com
What does the configure log look like?

RODEO FX
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Vimeo Instagram
Charles Flèche
R&D Software Developer
cfl...@rodeofx.com
www.rodeofx.com

Paul Miller

Sep 17, 2020, 12:31:47 PM9/17/20
to vfx-platfo...@googlegroups.com

Sure - here you go. I attached the summary and the log.

config.log
config.summary

Charles Fleche

Sep 17, 2020, 12:34:18 PM9/17/20
to Paul Miller, vfx-platform-discuss
Really not an X11 expert here, but would it be because your Qt build does not link against the system XCB at Runtime ?

Using system-provided XCB libraries .. no
XCB XKB .............................. no

Paul Miller

Sep 17, 2020, 12:36:02 PM9/17/20
to vfx-platfo...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, plausible. I'm using default build options, so I don't know what it's not finding that is preventing it from finding what it needs for the system xcb stuff.

Charles Fleche

Sep 17, 2020, 1:25:13 PM9/17/20
to Paul Miller, vfx-platform-discuss
I think the option is `--system-xcb`, vs the default `--qt-xcb`

Paul Miller

Sep 17, 2020, 1:55:59 PM9/17/20
to vfx-platfo...@googlegroups.com

Ah, yes I remember seeing this error when using -system-xcb:

ERROR: Feature 'system-xcb' was enabled, but the pre-condition 'features.xcb && tests.xcb_syslibs' failed.

In the config.tests dir, the "xcb" test runs without error, but the "xcb_xlib" and "xcb_glx" tests core dump.

It seems I have all the necessary dependencies installed, so I don't know why these tests are failing.

Charles Fleche

Sep 17, 2020, 1:59:16 PM9/17/20
to Paul Miller, vfx-platform-discuss
Not sure why. I've been compiling Qt recently on CentOS 7.4.1708 with devtoolset-6 (GCC 6.1) and it did work. I'll check if I get the same Numpad key error.

Paul Miller

Sep 17, 2020, 2:00:02 PM9/17/20
to vfx-platfo...@googlegroups.com

That's exactly the setup I'm building on as well. Thanks for checking!