International study on Open Data Repositories

Dr. Markus von der Heyde

Oct 15, 2018, 9:37:11 AM10/15/18
Dear scientific colleagues,

An international study of Open Data repositories is currently being conducted, sponsored by the SNSF and swissuniversities.
We invite you to participate in this study on behalf of the repository you represent or helped to establish.

Your contribution to this study will have important benefits for you and for the scientific community:
- Your data will be viewed in the context of the data records collected - currently 100, potentially significantly more.
- Your contribution will add to the completeness of this valuable reference, which will certainly be cited many times.
- In the context of the study, your repository will receive more attention and become even better known through comparison with other participants in the community.

The overall dataset of this survey will have an extraordinary visibility, because no study has yet been carried out on so many different repositories, on both the disciplinary and international levels.
By using the collected data, you will be able carry out your own analyses. All data will be published in anonymized form on Zenodo. You therefore will be able to compare your dataset with an earlier survey which more than 2000 scientists have answered on their future repository needs and demands.

You have until Oct. 22nd to actively contribute to this ground-breaking scientific research on Open Data Repositories. Don't miss this opportunity: https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/8NR6GQJ
Our apologies: We are reaching out with this reminder to the broad community of Open Data Repositories via multiple channels. Should you receive this invitation several times, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your time and effort!

Best regards,
Dr. Markus von der Heyde, Principal scientific investigator
--
Dr. Markus von der Heyde - InformationsTechnologe (vdH-IT)
Spezialist für IT-Konzeption, Analysen, Schulungen und Coaching