Permission to use the image from virtual fly brain

yche...@ucr.edu

Sep 20, 2019, 3:21:46 PM9/20/19
to VFB support
Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to include 5 lines of VT-GAL4 brain expression images in my accepted manuscript. I am wonderiing if I have the permission to use them. I did include the following citation in the relevant section. Do I need further permision from you?

Milyaev, N., Osumi-Sutherland, D., Reeve, S., Burton, N., Baldock, R. A. and
Armstrong, J. D. (2012). The Virtual Fly Brain browser and query interface.
Bioinformatics 28, 411-415. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/btr677

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Yu-Chieh David Chen
Postdoctoral Researcher
UC Riverside

Robbie Court

Sep 27, 2019, 7:40:11 AM9/27/19
to VFB support
Thanks for using VFB.  Milyaev is the correct reference for VFB.  The VT line images are available under an open-source license (CC-BY-NC) requiring attribution.  This dataset has license details and a reference for the preferred attribution:  Tirian & Dickson 2017 https://doi.org/10.1101/198648

Thanks,

Rob

Robert Court, PhD
Institute for Adaptive and Neural Computation
University of Edinburgh
Informatics Forum,10 Crichton St, Edinburgh EH8 9AB