Re: [VFB] Digest for vfb-mail@googlegroups.com - 10 updates in 1 topic

Paul Marriner

Jul 22, 2018, 12:55:16 PM7/22/18
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
All the best for a speedy recovery and quickly adapting to the new limb.

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 12:05 PM <vfb-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Anthony Spezio <bamb...@yahoo.com>: Jul 21 06:42PM

Was taken to the Wound Center yesterday to see my foot doctor.I am not happy with he had to tell me. Not enough blood circulation to save the foot. The surgery will be done when my kidneys are stable enough for the surgery. I personally am not ready for this.Arkansas Tony
Neville Gosling <nev.g...@gmail.com>: Jul 21 12:05PM -0700

Hi Tony:

That is not good news but it could be worse. Presumably there is nothing more that can be done to improve the circulation. It sounds like you don’t have much choice. I have a close fishing buddy who just turned 76 who has lung cancer (non smoker) and is in a very bad way indeed. He has also had several strokes and cannot swallow food unless it is in puree form. Since the last stoke he can no longer use his ipad and his speech is severely impacted. A very sad situation.

I feel for you Tony but you don’t want to chance gangrene. Sorry to be so blunt but if you trust your doctor(s), being alive with one foot is better than being dead with two feet. Prayers will continue for you.

Neville (Nev) Gosling

On Jul 21, 2018, at 11:42, 'Anthony Spezio' via VFB Mail <vfb-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Was taken to the Wound Center yesterday to see my foot doctor.
I am not happy with he had to tell me. Not enough blood circulation to save the foot.
The surgery will be done when my kidneys are stable enough for the surgery. I personally am not ready for this.
Arkansas Tony

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.
Rene Zillmann <rene.z...@t-online.de>: Jul 21 09:49PM +0200

Hi Tony,

Bad messages have often positive components. Even if the situation is
bad and horrible, they can do something to improve it. And today, if
just a foot is missing - I know about more horrible things.

Even with a missing foot, you might be able to fish from the dock.

I wish you all the best and you are in my prayers. Send my best wishes
also to Dot.

Rene

On 07/21/2018 08:42 PM, 'Anthony Spezio' via VFB Mail wrote:
Rick Zieger <rdzi...@yahoo.com>: Jul 21 08:01PM

Not the news I wanted to hear.  Take care my Friend.
Rick

On ‎Saturday‎, ‎July‎ ‎21‎, ‎2018‎ ‎01‎:‎43‎:‎05‎ ‎PM, 'Anthony Spezio' via VFB Mail <vfb-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Was taken to the Wound Center yesterday to see my foot doctor.I am not happy with he had to tell me. Not enough blood circulation to save the foot. The surgery will be done when my kidneys are stable enough for the surgery. I personally am not ready for this.Arkansas Tony

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.
Allan Fish <afi...@sbcglobal.net>: Jul 21 04:47PM -0400

So very sorry to hear, Tony.  Prayers continue.

af
Phxflytyer <phxfl...@cox.net>: Jul 21 05:03PM -0700

Tony:

You are in my prayers always. I know Don O has sent his prayers also.

Sent from my iPad

Thank You,
Alan Di Somma
Mesa, Az.

Some mistakes are just too much fun to make only once.

Anthony Spezio <bamb...@yahoo.com>: Jul 22 01:01AM

"Chuck Alexander" <chuckal...@centurylink.net>: Jul 21 08:07PM -0500

On Jul 21, 2018, at 11:42, 'Anthony Spezio' via VFB Mail <vfb-...@googlegroups.com <mailto:vfb-...@googlegroups.com> > wrote:

Was taken to the Wound Center yesterday to see my foot doctor.

I am not happy with he had to tell me. Not enough blood circulation to save the foot.

The surgery will be done when my kidneys are stable enough for the surgery. I personally am not ready for this.

Arkansas Tony

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.
"Chuck Alexander" <chuckal...@centurylink.net>: Jul 21 08:10PM -0500

My daddy lost his left foot in a motorcycle, but once they got him the correct prosthesis he could outrun me in a foot race, Chuck

[...]

Joyce M Westphal <joyc...@gmail.com>: Jul 21 07:39PM -0600

So sorry to hear t his, but hoping that you will be fitted with a
prosthesis as soon as possible. Prayers my friend.

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 7:10 PM, Chuck Alexander <