Fw: nosey ?

Rick Zieger

Feb 13, 2021, 10:07:28 AM2/13/21
to Google

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: 'Rick Zieger' <rdzi...@yahoo.com>; 'Allan Fish' <afi...@sbcglobal.net>; Joseph Wonoski <n1...@aol.com>; "trou...@gmail.com" <trou...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2021, 11:38:34 PM CST
Subject: RE: nosey ?

You are not being Nosey!  I know it’s been a while since I updated anyone,  but yes we came thru the storms with no damage other than a LOT of leaves to rake! Had to get two loads of gravel hauled in for the driveway that washed out, but that was mostly just from the months and months of rain we have had, and I had been putting off the order of the gravel.  It got kinda boggy with home health coming up to 4 times a week and the mail person that drives a 4x4 jeep just LOVED to tear it up even more with all the mud.  Chuck’s therapy has improved his movements and he was able to sit up on the side of the bed for nearly an hour Sunday evening.  Doesn’t seem like a lot to some people but when you think about someone being flat on their back since Nov 8 it is a LOT.    He was told by home health that he is the worst case of recovery from covid they have seen this year, but he is making great strides,  but not fast enough for him of course.

He missed going fishing much at all this year because of rain or working on the boat (that we still haven’t gotten it in the water yet!) then it was too hot… just excuses I know but for now I will be proud if he is able to walk by the time our son’s wedding comes in August.   This is our 40th Valentines Day this weekend of being together,  but at least we are together.  There were a lot of dark days while he was hospitalized that I didn’t share with anyone but when there is nothing you can do except pray, and hope he is ok since they suspended all visitors you just pray.

 I see his drop feet, and see how painful they are,  and neither of the hospitals can even tell us where the scarring on the back of his left leg came from,  they “have no idea” it was there.

PT was able to show me how to help him move to a chair, and we were successful in that,  hoping my back holds out!

It just occurred to me today that he still didn’t know about DonO,  and broke my heart to tell him,  he hasn’t said much today,  slept a lot since therapy days wear him out so much.   Not looking forward to the cold weather we get this week but we will be safe and warm at home.  Glad my job is still allowing me leeway on working from home,  and if they didn’t I would just find something else!  LOL  Some of you have asked about what I prefer to be called,  Billie to friends like you all,  Wilma is just my given name and only work people call me by Wilma.

Call anytime to talk to Chuck,  best times are after 3pm when therapy is done, but he is usually awake most of the day,  my cell is 256-276-9098 since his phone was shattered when the favored grandbaby (3 yr old) dropped it, I still haven’t replaced his phone since I haven’t been to town since before he came home.  Our kids do the shopping and delivery service is great,  because they usually take out the trash while they are here, and any other little chores I can think up for them.  #3 son is getting to be a great electrician catching up on things that Chuck had put off for the last 6 months before getting sick.  Favored grandbaby Stella called today because she “misses her Pawpaw and doesn’t want him to be lonely” so they are coming tomorrow to stay for a couple of days.

I have rambled on and on so I will close now,

Please keep us both in your thoughts and prayers and let the group(s) know he is healing, hoping to be fishing by summer at least, even if I have to push him to the lake in a wheelchair!

Sincerely,

Billie Alexander

-

Feb 14, 2021, 3:52:15 AM2/14/21
to 'Rick Zieger' via VFB Mail
Billie:

You prove that all men need, and exist only because of a good woman.   Chuck is so lucky to have married one.
I thank you so much for all the info on Chuck.  I know all of us on VFB miss his being online with us all and we are all still praying for him each day.   Again, thank you so much for all you are doing for him.

Buck.....

Buck Hall Palmetto ,Florida e.ha...@yahoo.com
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vfb-mail/2052008035.1085880.1613228843438%40mail.yahoo.com.