Canada - fishing the Rockies

Rene Zillmann

Jul 16, 2018, 3:07:24 PM7/16/18
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

our trip to the Canadian Rockies is ahead of us. We will arrive in
Vancouver next week, Monday late and will from there head towards
Clearwater, where we will meet the family of my son, who will fly few
days earlier.

Jointly we will travel from there to Wells Gray Provincial Park, later
Mount Roberts NP.

So, therefore we will fish in B.C. and in Alberta.

Not clear about the license requirements. Any suggestions, hints? We did
read some websites, quite official ones, but not clear what we need to
catch some large trout - beside of some flies.

KR

Rene

Neville Gosling

Jul 16, 2018, 4:22:13 PM7/16/18
to VFB
Hi Rene:

Due to the size of the attachments I have responded directly to your personal e-mail address in 2 parts and 2 emails. Please confirm receipt

Neville

Rene Zillmann

Jul 16, 2018, 5:01:49 PM7/16/18
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nev,

thanks a lot, got your emails.

For the license: I understand, I need the basic license, and additional
the license for specific fish, and probably also for classified rivers.

Makes it sense to get the basis license, and later to purchase the extra
ones if needed, e.g. on the campground??

Thanks a lot for your help

Rene

Neville Gosling

Jul 16, 2018, 7:34:49 PM7/16/18
to VFB
The basic licence is what you need. Classified waters are generally for steelhead and usuall later in the year and some of the large trout in Trophy lakes. You will be considered an alien i.e. not Canadian or BC or Alberta resident. I suggest that you get your BC licence in Vancouver and the Alberta one as soon as you enter if you can find an agent or tackle store. It is unlikely that you will be able to get a licence at a Provincial (Government) Campsite. Be prepared for mosquitos.

Nev