Sowbug 2025 / asking for travel tips

Rene Zillmann

Feb 20, 2024, 9:51:26 AMFeb 20
to VFB Mail
Folks,

maybe I do it again. Son is just talking me into going to the sowbug
2025 with him, and spend also some time for serious fishing. It is a
father and son trip, not so much father and child. And my 4th visit at
the event.

We are in an very early phase of investigation, so the outcome is not
clear, and we also might do something very different.

Anyway: Current plan is to fly in one week before the Sowbug, fish a
very nice area for trout or warmwater, go the Sowbug. We need to return
on Saturday, so we could only spend 2 days at the sowbug.

Currently we are looking for an area for this initial fishery, as it is
early in the year we are looking somehow South. One Idea is: Fly to
Memphis, drive to Great Smokey Mountains (Near Knoxville) Do some
Fishing, drive to the Sowbug, Attend Sowbug and return to Germany via
Memphis. A bit of driving, though.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Rene from Germany