German Tourist Shot

Neville Gosling

Aug 4, 2018, 1:17:21 AM8/4/18
to VFB

Yesterday a German tourist travelling with his family on Highway 1A near Morley, Alberta and heading to the Rocky Mountains was shot in the head.  Apparently this was a case of mistaken identity and he was not the intended target of the shooting. So far the exact reason or motive has not been disclosed and the perpetrator has not been apprehended.. This is certainly very unusual but Canada has a problem with handguns coming into the country illegally from USA. The name of the tourist has not been released but reported to have received surgery to remove the bullet and is in critical but stable condition. I sure hope it wasn’t Rene and his family. Chances are likely that it is not, but it does coincide with his planned trip.

Neville (Nev) Gosling

British Columbia

Canada

Neville Gosling

Aug 4, 2018, 12:10:07 PM8/4/18
to VFB
I don’t like the look of this. The description could be Rene, his wife, son and son’s girlfriend. An arrest has been made but injured tourist not named.

Neville

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.

Rick Zieger

Aug 4, 2018, 4:01:10 PM8/4/18
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks or the udate3.  Don't like the sound of this.

Rick

Aug 5, 2018, 3:14:10 AM8/5/18
to vfb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nev, gang,
We are save and not affected.
Was a great trip, more reports when I'm back home.
Best
Rene

Aug 5, 2018, 11:36:31 AM8/5/18
to VFB
Hi Rene

Thank you for letting us know that you are OK. That is a relief  to us on VFB.

Nev