Threat to VA Compensation

Ray Davis jr

Nov 12, 2023, 7:47:25 AM11/12/23
to VeteransResources
Dear Readers,

Below is a link to an article about the growing veteran's compensation benefits program. The point of the article seems to be how veterans have it too easy in getting disability compensation.  This is an altogether common theme I am seeing more and more recently online among the non-veteran, and the Military brass.

From the article:

"But it’s time to ask if an increasingly generous disability compensation program that has significantly reduced employment among our veterans and bears no resemblance to the program that existed throughout the latter half of the 20th century is the best way to reward and honor America’s veterans...".

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/4304058-how-runaway-disability-compensation-is-straining-veterans-affairs/

The non-veteran says: "I don't want to serve in the Military, let someone else do it, I'm too busy, I have a life that's too good". Then the non-veteran sees the veteran has something they don't have (because they never earned it) and they say "why are we giving the veterans so much" (they are jealous nothing more).

One of the authors (Kyle Greenberg) of this article works at West Point and is a Lt. Colonel in the Army (pay for a Lt. Colonel is $76,720.00-$130,342.00 per year). (a four-star General is $203,688.00 per year).

Why would the Military person be jealous of a veteran's meager compensation is not so much a matter of jealousy as with the non-veteran, but more of they don't give a Damn about their people.

During WWII the military stamped everything "pre-existing" and were able to deny benefits to disabled veterans so they could keep the money for themselves; it was so bad that Congress had to step in and make a Law that assured veteran's a "presumption of sound condition when entering service" (38 USC 1111).

So why do the brass what to keep the money: They love their tanks and planes more than they love you.

The jungle is too thick, so they say "lets spray Agent Orange", But troops are on the ground: "To Hell with the troops, my mission is to clear that jungle".

Radiation, it won't hurt. Burn pits; a little smoke won't hurt.

Sir the troops are dropping with heat exhaustion: "send in more salt tablets and get those men moving" "I'm not being paid to lose, send in fresh troops".

So on one side we have non-veterans who are jealous (which I understand), but on the other side we have Military people (leaders, Officers and Gentlemen) who stick a blade in your back.

My advice is to make sure that your elected officials stand
clearly and unequivocally on the side of veterans before supporting and voting. also write Congress regularly to encourage their support.

Sincerely,
Ray B Davis, Jr
https://www.valaw.org