It's pretty quiet in here, what's the status of this project?

Patrick Macdonald

Mar 6, 2018, 5:03:27 AM3/6/18
to ves-tech-camera-reports
Hi everyone,
There hasn't been any activity in here for years.
What's happened to this project? Did it die a death or has it been quietly adopted by the industry?
p.

Pete

Mar 7, 2018, 4:32:10 PM3/7/18
to ves-tech-camera-reports
Hi There,
I don't think there is much active development happening here but in my own experience this project has had a beneficial effect on data the company I work for receives from on set.
Maybe only a quarter of of the files I receive (that weren't based on a source file we supply) are based directly off the VES standard, however almost all the files I receive are now closer to the standard than they used to be and are therefore easier to handle.

I think this was effort well spent and would like to see more interchange standards come into this area.

Pete

reForm Studios

Mar 8, 2018, 4:46:48 AM3/8/18
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,
It's good to hear that.
I've been playing around with implementing the standard in our Shotgun setup with a new 'ves_camera_report' entity that we can associate with all the media we receive from the client. Not used it in anger yet, but if it proves useful I'll probably try to package up a script to allow others to do the same at some point here.
p.

Sam Richards

Mar 8, 2018, 11:45:16 AM3/8/18
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
If you have suggestions for improvements, I'm definitely very open to suggestions. I do also know that I need to do a upgrade pass on the database to get it to a more recent version. We are also going to make another pass at the web-site to make sure people find it as easy as possible to get going with the self-packaged ones.

As for the shotgun entities, that sounds terrific. Do let us know if you end up with something useful, we would be happy to add a link or host the script.

Sam.

Rob Blau

Mar 8, 2018, 11:58:49 AM3/8/18
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
If you do end up with a script you want to share, definitely let us at Shotgun know!  It would be great to point to it from our knowledge base.

-r

Message has been deleted