[Q from press] How to get parameters from Camera ?

nabe juntaro

Dec 19, 2013, 3:10:55 PM12/19/13
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am a Japanese press who is planing to cover VES Camera Report to Japanese media.
I have 2 questions. I am not a technical person, might be very basic questions, but please allow me to ask about these.

Q1:  How to get parameters from Camera

   How to get/transfer digital parameter values from Camera such as lens, stops, asa ?
   Does it send/transfer from Digital Camera to VES Camera Report format automatically ?

   OR - do we need to type each value manually by hand onto the Excel/FileMakerPro in this moment?

Q2:  Open source code

   Similar question as above, but does it support to get digital values from the Camera such as lens, stops, asa ?

   OR that feature is eventually and open souce code is simply purpose to convert from CSV to other tools by Python in this moment ?

Thank you.

Sam Richards

Dec 19, 2013, 6:11:49 PM12/19/13
On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 12:10 PM, nabe juntaro <nabej...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am a Japanese press who is planing to cover VES Camera Report to Japanese media.
I have 2 questions. I am not a technical person, might be very basic questions, but please allow me to ask about these.

Q1:  How to get parameters from Camera

   How to get/transfer digital parameter values from Camera such as lens, stops, asa ?
   Does it send/transfer from Digital Camera to VES Camera Report format automatically ?

   OR - do we need to type each value manually by hand onto the Excel/FileMakerPro in this moment?

Yes, you need to hand enter the values by hand. The hope is that *all* attributes that you could get directly from the camera, will eventually make it into the camera-metadata, however this currently is too hit and miss to rely on (I have personally never seen it in production).

Also our hope is that 3rd party solutions will be doing what you describe by getting the information directly from the camera, and then supporting the interchange format to help us ingest the information.

Q2:  Open source code

   Similar question as above, but does it support to get digital values from the Camera such as lens, stops, asa ?

   OR that feature is eventually and open souce code is simply purpose to convert from CSV to other tools by Python in this moment ?

There is some sample code to help read the CSV file, but that is really it. Certainly if somebody wanted to adapt the existing filemaker database, or use code from the filemaker database, they are welcome to use it and even resell, we are using a very permissive license.

Let me know any other questions...

Sam.

Thank you.

nabe juntaro

Dec 19, 2013, 6:52:31 PM12/19/13
to ves-tech-ca...@googlegroups.com
Thanks !!

2013年12月19日木曜日 12時10分55秒 UTC-8 nabe juntaro: