Google Sheet version?

Marcus LeVere

Jun 2, 2023, 5:47:38 PM6/2/23
to ves-tech-camera-reports
Dear VFX Sups,

Safe to say, most of us have found ourselves in the trenches with FileMaker Pro. If your experiences echo mine, you'll agree that it's not the most reliable companion on-set. Its unpredictable glitches are something I can neither forgive nor forget. 😡

In response to this, I've created an alternative: a Google Sheets version of the VFX Camera Report. The true beauty of Google Sheets lies in its collaborative nature - both you and your wrangler can edit it simultaneously, and it enables seamless communication with department heads back in the office with @ mentions (I anticipate more on-location use of Starlink in the future). Feel free to give it a try and, if you'd like, improve upon it. Don't worry, I have a backup: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lk3TbDvQ0-IInh1Cd5LHWzuPRMnDumoHlfooD8-wjmc

I sincerely hope you find it useful.

Here's a thought: what if we could elevate this tool into a mobile app? Imagine having the ability to connect to your phone's camera and buttons to duplicate takes. 🤔

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback.

Marcus LeVere

Jun 14, 2024, 1:32:04 PMJun 14
to ves-tech-camera-reports
This has been updated to now include ChatGPT4o, DALL-E and an Effective Focal Length Calculator (courtesy of Matthew Merkovich).  It can also insert images from your phone, tablet, chromebook or laptop camera.   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lk3TbDvQ0-IInh1Cd5LHWzuPRMnDumoHlfooD8-wjmc