vertx-dep-chain changing scope of log4j dependencies

Nic Townsend

Apr 3, 2023, 11:06:34 AM4/3/23
to vert.x
Hi all,

I use `vertx-dep-chain` along with `log4j-bom` inside maven <dependencyManagement>.

I then use `vertx-core` etc and `log4-core` inside `<dependencies>.

With vertx-dep-chain 4.3.8, `mvn dependency:tree` shows `log4j-core` as `scope:compile`.

If I upgrade vertx-dep-chain to `4.4.0` - then `log4j-core` becomes `scope:test` and my code no longer compiles.

I cannot find anything in the wiki or release notes for 4.4.0 to explain this change - is it a bug?

Thanks in advance

Thomas SEGISMONT

Apr 3, 2023, 12:45:51 PM4/3/23
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you please report an issue to this repo?

Thank you