vertx Core: Source AsyncFile shall be closed after pipe?

David P

Jun 23, 2022, 11:06:22 AM6/23/22
to vert.x
Hello,

My code pipe a Source Zip File  to Http response Stream using the pipeto() helper as described in Vert.x Core doc (https://vertx.io/docs/vertx-core/java/#_using_asyncfile_as_readstream_and_writestream)

After piping, the source file can no longer be open on Windows with7-zip
(error is about file is still in use by another process).

Same behavior when Source file is  piped to another Async File.

I 've "fixed" the issue by closing the source file after the pipe execution:
------------------------
  srcFile .pipeTo(destFile).toCompletionStage()
               .thenCompose(v -> srcFile.close().toCompletionStage())

Is it the expected behavior (close src file after pipe)?
If yes, why  it is not indicated in the Core documentation?

Thanks
David

Thomas SEGISMONT

Jun 28, 2022, 4:57:51 AM6/28/22
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Right, it's the expected behavior. I'll fix the documentation. Thanks for reporting the issue.