Vert.x Micrometer Metrics support for InfluxDb 2.0

Clive Lilley

Jan 22, 2022, 5:19:09 AM1/22/22
to vert.x
Hi,

I have a customer who has deployed InfluxDb 2.0 in to their development environment and has asked if Vertx is ready to support this endpoint yet.

I see that maven reports that the Vert.x Micrometer Metrics artifact (version 4.3.2) has an optional dependency on micrometer-registry-influx version 1.6.2. Are there any plans to upgrade to version 1.8+, which would then support InfluxDb 2.0.

Clive

Thomas SEGISMONT

Jan 24, 2022, 3:33:51 AM1/24/22
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have you tried to change the micrometer version in your project?

In any case, please file an issue on the corresponding GitHub project so that we take care of the upgrade in Vert.x 4.3

Thank you,
Thomas

Clive Lilley

Jan 26, 2022, 6:22:19 PM1/26/22
to vert.x
Thomas,

I did try changing the version of micrometer-registry-influx from 1.62 to 1.7+,  a few months back, but this stopped the metrics from working. So I wanted to wait until support for the newer 1.8+ was available.

As you suggest I will file an issue on GitHub.

Thanks.
Clive

Thomas SEGISMONT

Jan 28, 2022, 3:35:15 AM1/28/22
to ve...@googlegroups.com

Thomas SEGISMONT

Jan 28, 2022, 8:59:38 AM1/28/22
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Can you elaborate on the issues you had please?

Our test suite did not catch any regression.

Yeikel

Mar 14, 2022, 2:59:29 PM3/14/22
to vert.x
Clive , could you please give us an update about this?

Clive Lilley

May 28, 2022, 6:44:54 AM5/28/22
to vert.x
I've just started looking at this again after a few months out.

I see that vertx 4.3.1 has been released and this has updated its dependencies to pull in versions 1.8.4 of io.micrometer:micrometer-core which enables io.micrometer:micormeter-registry-influx:1.8.4 to be included. So this should enable vertx 4.3.x to support InfluxDb 2.0 endpoints.

The influxDB 2.0 configuration now uses several new additional properties (io.micrometer.influx.InfluxConfig.java) to configure the influxDb2 endpoint:
  • org
  • bucket
  • token
But I do not see that the VertxInfluxDbOptions class has been updated to support these additional properties.

Is there any plan to update the VertxInfluxDbOptions class to support them?

Clive

Thomas SEGISMONT

May 30, 2022, 3:56:51 AM5/30/22
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Hi Clive,

Please file an issue to Vert.x Micrometer Metrics repo. Would you like to help by providing a PR? I can assist you in the process.

Thank,
Thomas

Clive Lilley

Jun 1, 2022, 4:46:29 AM6/1/22
to vert.x
Thomas,

I have raised issue https://github.com/vert-x3/vertx-micrometer-metrics/issues/141 to cover the work required to get InfluxDb 2.0 connection support in to Vert.x.

If you can provide some advice on how to provide a PR, more than happy to try and make the required changes.

Clive

Thomas SEGISMONT

Jun 1, 2022, 9:33:27 AM6/1/22
to ve...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, let's continue the conversation on GH.