Alpha vertigo 1.0 based on vert.x3

Oliver Rolle

Aug 31, 2015, 5:36:58 PM8/31/15
to vertigo
Hi,

I did much progress last weekend with vertx3 integration. It uses simple-react for stream processing. The processing can be used on top of a vertx cluster (might be buggy). Right now a simple-react processing pipeline is deployed on a SimpleReactNode. Multiple SimpleReactNodes build a distributed hash table. If a pipeline is deployed vertigo searches a responsible SimpleReactNode and deploys the pipeline there. The deployment listens on an event bus address for input data and writes the processing result onto an output event bus address.

You can check out the project on: https://github.com/orolle/vertigo-prototype
"mvn package" builds and tests the project. Especially vertigo.stream.SimpleReactTest is the test class for the above processing.

Next step is to build the logic for distributed queues, with selectors and stuff.

Sorry for the slow progress. I was moving 2 month ago and I will move this month again.

best regards
Oli

Anton Hughes

Sep 8, 2015, 5:56:49 PM9/8/15
to vertigo
Thanks Oliver!

Looks good!

Do you have any documentation on how to get started?

Oliver Rolle

Sep 9, 2015, 5:16:18 PM9/9/15
to vertigo
thanks :-)

look into the tests.

Google for documentation of simple-react and it's LazyStream. This does the real processing.

Adrian Gonzalez

Sep 17, 2015, 5:23:32 PM9/17/15
to vertigo
Hi Oliver,

Does this mean https://github.com/kuujo/vertigo is dead and future work is being done here: https://github.com/orolle/vertigo-prototype?

Thanks,
-Adrian

Carter Youngblood

Sep 25, 2015, 2:06:53 PM9/25/15
to vertigo
What is the status of the next Vertigo?  I know you guys are busy with day jobs and all, just wanted to get a sense if it was something close or not?  Going to vertx 3.x would be great, but I can continue to use vertigo as it is, but I am about to start a new project and I wanted to use the newer version of vertigo.  Its been a lot of fun using and I have plenty more options to keep using it.  Thanks for the work, and please continue to make this project great!

-Carter

Oliver Rolle

Sep 25, 2015, 5:52:09 PM9/25/15
to vertigo
No, if vertigo 1.0 beta version, I will merge it into Jordans repository. The prototype repo is just work in progress so that you guys see something is breeding.

Oliver Rolle

Sep 25, 2015, 6:11:12 PM9/25/15
to vertigo
Hi Carter,

yes, my day time job consumes a lot of time and keeps consuming more. I am thinking about to employ a student (paid of my own money), so that he writes code for me (no joke!). Its hard for me alone to make much progress with vertigo 1.0. Secondly, we need some kind of community around vertigo so that its development continues.

If you make a new project with vertigo 1.0, why not develop it in parallel so that vertigo 1.0 is tested on real usage as well as provides the functionality you need?

best regards
Oli

Cosmic Interloper

Sep 25, 2015, 8:10:35 PM9/25/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
If someone could provide a vertigo-examples repository, in the same way that vertx provides an examples repository, It would lower the barrier to starting a project with it, and I would be happy to start tinkering with it.

I also have a day job so its hard to wade through new stuff, but even one example would help me get jump start