BigData / Dataflow DSL

Suminda Dharmasena

Jan 29, 2015, 9:35:25 AM1/29/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Some ideas to

Spreadsheet based computation:

In: [Sheet1][A:C][R1]:Double, [Sheet1][A:C][R2]:Double, [Sheet1][A:C][R3]:Double
Out: [Sheet1:S2][E][R1], [S2][E][R2]
SpreadSheet {

Sheet1 {
     | A | B | C | D = A * B | E
R1 |    |    |    |                 | = [A][R1] * [B][R1]
R2 |    |    |    |                 | = [E][R1] + 1
R3 |    |    |    |                 |
}

S2 = Sheet1 * 2
}

Function

In: A:Double
Out: 0.9 * A + 0.1 * A[1]

A[1] refers to history, i.e., one value ago
--------------------------------------

In: A:Double
Out[Scala]: {
var a = A +1
a + A
}

Rule

In: A, B:Double
Out: if A >100 {B} elif A < 0 {B + 1} else {B - 1}

Jordan Halterman

Jan 29, 2015, 7:44:13 PM1/29/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Nice :-) I should probably look at these again when I get back to my desk.

Sent from my iPhone

Suminda Dharmasena

Jan 29, 2015, 9:52:56 PM1/29/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Also maybe something like this:

Graph

in: A, B
out: C
graph {
D = part {
A ~> zip ~> x, y => x + y ~> C
B ~> zip ~> . ~> C
}
}

Jordan Halterman

Jan 30, 2015, 4:02:54 AM1/30/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
I think we'll have to have a more in-depth discussion about what is feasible once the API is back into shape. Many aggregations require careful considerations of reliability and delivery semantics. I suspect these will have to be implemented in an entirely separate, higher level project that hides some of the configurability of Vertigo's planned messaging so as to enforce the semantics necessary to perform exactly-once aggregations.

Oliver Rolle

Jan 30, 2015, 6:18:50 AM1/30/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
@Suminda: do you know http://nodered.org/ and http://noflojs.org/ to build graphs visually?

Suminda Dharmasena

Jan 30, 2015, 6:33:38 AM1/30/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Seen them before. Why?

dgo...@squaredfinancial.com

Mar 6, 2015, 12:43:16 PM3/6/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Just to mention jointjs in passing to you in case you haven't seen it, it is quite a nice backbone-based html5y diagramming lib and particularly its discrete event system shapes might be quite interesting in context . We were using it in-house for some (not vertigo as such) stuff.

http://www.jointjs.com/demos/devs