Protocols

Suminda Dharmasena

Jan 27, 2015, 2:59:40 AM1/27/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com

Jordan Halterman

Jan 27, 2015, 6:03:56 AM1/27/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Whoah! I actually hadn't noticed Chronicle-Network. Those guys make some pretty awesome tools.

It does seem like a perfect design - low latency for a low number of connections.

Really interesting projects, thanks!

Oliver Rolle

Jan 27, 2015, 11:21:41 AM1/27/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Interesting! These projects seems to be used in high frequency trading?

Suminda Dharmasena

Jan 27, 2015, 11:28:16 AM1/27/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Yes.

Jordan Halterman

Jan 27, 2015, 12:10:02 PM1/27/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Yep OpenHFT has open sourced some pretty cool tools. I wrote a Log implementation in Copycat that uses ChronicleQueue (basically a persistent queue that uses memory mapped files). I haven't tested it against the FileChannel based implementation in Copycat core yet, but I suspect it's faster.

Jordan Halterman

Jan 27, 2015, 2:48:01 PM1/27/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
You, Suminda Dharmasena, are a great resource! Hopefully I'll begin posting updates on the status of Vertigo 1.0 again this weekend, so obviously feel free to comment. I'm going to try to get it back to decent working shape pretty quickly now that most of the initial design decisions have been discussed and the messaging framework is ready for an upgrade.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vertigo" group.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/vertx-vertigo.

Suminda Dharmasena

Jan 27, 2015, 9:09:10 PM1/27/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com