Can a vertigo verticle communicate with a vertx verticle that is not managed by vertigo ?

Amit Kumar

May 23, 2014, 3:25:16 PM5/23/14
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Experts,

I have a VertigoVerticle in my network. Once this receives a message to work on, it wants to persist some data into the database using say mongodb-persistor module. Now, my network I deployed does not include mongodb-persistor and that is running outside of vertigo network.

Can my vertigo verticle (a component within vertigo network) talk to such a pre-existing module (that is outside of the network I deployed) on the same event bus ?

I assume that the vert.x event bus is exposed and accessible to all the components within the vertigo network. If that is not the case, I am afraid I can not change everything to be deployed within vertigo network because that will force me to change all existing code so far (including one that I do not control).

I appreciate your attention to this.

- Amit

Carter Youngblood

Sep 22, 2014, 5:12:25 PM9/22/14
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Yep, just interact with the eventbus like you would in a vert.x application.  As long as its connected to the eventbus it will work fine.  We deploy and interact with vertx deployed modules from vertigo.

-Carter

Jordan Halterman

Sep 22, 2014, 5:48:26 PM9/22/14
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Yep. That's one of the biggest benefits of Vertigo. I wanted to build a system of composable components that would be able to take advantage of the module system (which is going away in Vert.x 3). I actually briefly began to work on supporting arbitrary Vert.x modules as Vertigo components (for synchronized deployment) but then I realized I could just provide a wrapper component, which is what I did.

I may actually revisit supporting deployment of arbitrary verticles as part of Vertigo networks in Vertigo 1 (which I'm working on now).