Ports

Suminda Dharmasena

Jan 30, 2015, 5:36:05 AM1/30/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Ports should be just an abstraction not always go through the Even Bus.

Suminda Dharmasena

Jan 30, 2015, 5:37:23 AM1/30/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Within one vertex you should be able to have all these abstractions.

Jordan Halterman

Jan 30, 2015, 7:18:27 PM1/30/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
I concur.

Obviously as a lightweight unreliable transport, the event bus is frequently insufficient for various tasks. The plan was to build configurable reliability on top of the event bus, but certainly there's no reason it had to be the event bus at all. I can add a pluggable transport that allows a variety of transports to be used. It would be nice if this were supported in the event bus layer itself, but I don't see that happening for this release.

Great idea!