Vertigo UI - still alive?

Anton Hughes

Apr 6, 2015, 6:31:11 AM4/6/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Im new to both Vert.x and Vertigo, but am a familiar with Flow based programming.

I recently read about Verticle Flow, and it sounded great! However, when I tried it there was many errors. Is this project still being maintained? The github page says its about to be updated, and I got the impression that maybe it had moved to a new repository.

Is anyone still working on it?

Thanks

Oliver Rolle

Apr 7, 2015, 5:28:33 PM4/7/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anton,

yes, its still in development. I wanted to make a major release after vertx 3 & vertigo 1.0 is released, because the vertx2 module system is replaced by maven artifacts. If you like to play around with the ui for vertx2 I can upload it?

best regards
Oli

Anton Hughes

May 2, 2015, 9:34:55 AM5/2/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oliver

Yes, please. I would really appreciate the opportunity to see and try the UI.

Have you seen/tried vertigo 3? Do you know if the UI will need a major refactor to work with it?

Is the UI written in vertx?

Thanks and regards

Oliver Rolle

May 2, 2015, 2:07:12 PM5/2/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anton,

if you want play around with the ui look and feel, you can do that with http://nodered.org/

The vertigo ui is a translation layer / glue code between nodered networks and vertigo networks.

Atm I cannot get the vertigo to work locally, so it does not make sense to push it on github. I try to figure out why - I may take a while.

I think vertigo 3 will be released soon after vertx 3 is released (correct me if I am wrong).

best regards
Oli

Anton Hughes

May 2, 2015, 3:35:47 PM5/2/15
to vertx-...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 8:07:12 PM UTC+2, Oliver Rolle wrote:
Hi Anton,

if you want play around with the ui look and feel, you can do that with http://nodered.org/
Thanks, yes I have had a try of nodered.

The vertigo ui is a translation layer / glue code between nodered networks and vertigo networks.

Atm I cannot get the vertigo to work locally, so it does not make sense to push it on github. I try to figure out why - I may take a while.
Yes, likewise.