Bulk Edit of Stories Portfolio Items

James Brosnan

Jun 8, 2018, 1:49:08 PM6/8/18
to VersionOne-users

We have a backlog of around 2600 Stories.  We changed the portfolio items for all 2600 manually (took forever) based on feedback from management.  We were just asked due to a change in direction to change them all back.

We have an excel file from before we made the changes with the original Portfolio Items.  However doing an import would mean we would have duplicate stories.

Deleting entire backlog and then uploading file would cause all stories to have new Story Numbers.  So that cannot be done.

Looking for a way to update without manually changing each story.  Potentially editing backlog in a grid that would allow for copy and paste? Or doing an upload that overrides only the one column?

Any help would be appreciated.

Wayne Lois

Mar 22, 2019, 5:11:56 PM3/22/19
to VersionOne-users
I would be greatly interested in a "group edit" feature as well!!!  For this very same reason.  It takes forever to bulk edit stories on the backlog to change one parameter across a great number of stories.

Czarina O

May 20, 2019, 11:36:19 AM5/20/19
to VersionOne-users
There is no "override" function in VersionOne as the tool is meant to be used as the primary means of team collaboration. However, if this is something that a number of VersionOne users would like to see, add the suggestion here: https://ideaspace.versionone.com/default

Rather than copy and paste the changes (via the Backlog grid view), you would probably just want to create a new space and load the 2600 in there and work in that new space. Close the old space off as it sounds like the 2600 backlog items is the new "baseline" from which your teams will work off.

Out of curiosity, do you honestly think your project will complete the 2600 backlog items? It sounds like you've got a waterfall project and with 2600 as the new baseline ... geez, it doesn't sound like it is going to be manageable ... but, all the best with it!