Subject:Unable to find aggregate count of childrens present under portfolio items.

Himani

Feb 20, 2017, 10:28:34 AM2/20/17
to VersionOne-users
Problem Statement: We want to find the aggregate count of Features, Sub-Features alongwith their category(status) present under particular Epic(portfolio item).
I couldn't find any VersionOne API which will help me directly in doing so.

For doing above, currently what I am doing is firstly fetching the list of all the Epics under the current Epic(portfolio items) using the following JSON request.(Epic represent the portfolio item in VersionOne API)

Request 1 :

{
   "from": "Epic",
  "where": {
  "ID" : "Epic:1806"
  },
   "select": [
 "Subs.ID"
   ]
}

Response:

[
 [
   {
     "_oid": "Epic:1806",
     "Subs.ID": [
       {
         "_oid": "Epic:1100"
       },
       {
         "_oid": "Epic:1128"
       }
   }
 ]
]

From the response, iterating over each subs id, I am having further API calls for knowing status and category(Feature, Sub-Feature etc.) hence I will be calculating further on my code level.

Request 2:

{
   "from": "Epic",
  "where": {
     "ID" : "Epic:1153"
  },
   "select": [
   "Category.Name",
   "Status.Name"
   ]
}

Response:

[
 [
   {
     "_oid": "Epic:1153",
     "Category.Name": "Feature",
     "Status.Name": "Completed"
   }
 ]
]

Can you provide any other solution for the same problem statement or any VersionOne API for doing the same?