Authentication with VersionOne SSO

Mike Ferraco

Jan 20, 2015, 4:59:01 PM1/20/15
to version...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to make a query to the Version One API to get some data back in XML format.  How do I authenticate myself as a user so that I am allowed to query data in the API?  Our group uses SSO to authenticate with Version One, and I was looking through some of the resources in the Version One documentation on how to authenticate for this case.  However, I was unable to find an example.  I am doing this in Objective-C for a Mac app.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Acey Bunch

Jan 21, 2015, 7:24:00 AM1/21/15
to version...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

There are a couple of ways that you can do this. One way is to use OAuth2, which requires that your app be able to handle a callback from VersionOne. The second way is with a new and much simpler approach that was just released yesterday, and that is VersionOne Access Tokens. Access Tokens do not require that you handle a callback, you simply login into VersionOne, create your token, then use that token in the HTTP requests that you make to the API.

Here's a link to summary page for all the authentication types that VersionOne supports: http://community.versionone.com/Developers/Developer-Library/Documentation/API_Authentication

Note that Access Tokens are only available in the Winter 2015 release

Hope that that helps...

Acey Bunch
VersionOne Product Manager