Testers: please modify your versaplexd.ini files!

1 view

Lukasz Kosewski

Nov 28, 2008, 10:19:43 PM11/28/08
to versaplex-dev
To everyone testing versaplex:

I've added a new security feature to Versaplexd, which basically
prevents a user from executing multiple non-select statements in a
single query. For full details, feel free to see the changelog.

For security reasons, this is *enabled for all users by default*.
*With* it enabled, the unit tests don't currently pass (as certain
unit tests we wrote violate this idea).

Please, for your own sanity, add the following lines to your
versaplexd.ini file for testing:
[Security Level]
* = 1

Feel free to look in the versaplexd.ini.tmpl file for details.

Luke

Lukasz Kosewski

Dec 2, 2008, 5:13:10 PM12/2/08
to versaplex-dev
After consultation with apenwarr, the security model was changed,
please listen up.

There are now three security modes: '0', '1', and '2'.

'0' = unrestricted, everything allowed (ie. what you want for Unit
Tests).
'1' = user allowed to make a single non-select query.
'2' = no non-select queries allowed.

The default is of course the strictest; '2'. You don't want that if
you are doing any sane work.

For sanity, please add the *following* lines to your versaplexd.ini
file:
[Security Level]
* = 0

Please see versaplexd.ini.tmpl for details.

Luke

Avery Pennarun

Dec 2, 2008, 5:16:36 PM12/2/08
to versap...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Lukasz Kosewski <lkos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For sanity, please add the *following* lines to your versaplexd.ini
> file:
> [Security Level]
> * = 0
>
> Please see versaplexd.ini.tmpl for details.

Thanks!

Avery