Issue 12 in versaplex: Different database sessions associated with different user credentials

1 view

codesite...@google.com

Jan 23, 2008, 7:50:14 PM1/23/08
to versap...@googlegroups.com
Issue 12: Different database sessions associated with different user credentials
http://code.google.com/p/versaplex/issues/detail?id=12

Comment #2 by peter.mccurdy:
Stuff left to do:
1. Implement a method in wvdbusd to retrieve the authenticated username
of a
connection (not just the uid).
2. Retrieve the username from Versaplexd, rather than the uid, and use
that name as
the connection id.
3. Die if we can't find the .ini file on startup.
4. Check in a template .ini file.
5. Throw exceptions when username/connection information can't be found
in the .ini file.
6. Send a sensible error message to DBus when we catch the exceptions
from #5.
7. Make the unit tests get their config information out of the .ini file.

http://code.google.com/hosting/settings

codesite...@google.com

Jan 23, 2008, 7:50:14 PM1/23/08
to versap...@googlegroups.com

codesite...@google.com

Jan 24, 2008, 3:25:52 AM1/24/08
to versap...@googlegroups.com
Issue 12: Different database sessions associated with different user credentials
http://code.google.com/p/versaplex/issues/detail?id=12

Comment #3 by peter.mccurdy:
Item #1 done in r11847 on the alumnit.ca repository.
Item #2 done in r289 on the Versaplex repository.
Items #3 and #4 done in r290.
Item #5 done in r292 (r291 laid some groundwork).
Item #6 done in r293. Only the one-line reason is sent to the client,
and the full
stack trace is dumped to the console. If the exception wasn't a VxRequestException
or subclass, then an "internal error" message is sent.
Item #7 is done in r295. It checks ./versaplexd.ini
and ../versaplexd.ini, so the
unit tests can be run from either Versaplex/versaplexd or Versaplex/versaplexd/t.

Issue attribute updates:

codesite...@google.com

Jan 24, 2008, 3:25:52 AM1/24/08
to versap...@googlegroups.com