Firmware update Battery Low error

Morten Marius Wiken

Aug 21, 2023, 9:54:51 AM8/21/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I keep getting a an error sayin that "The battery on the device is low. Please connect a charger" when trying to update the firmware. The radio is on a PSU with 13.8V and the phone is on a charger. How do I solve this issue?

Thanks!

73 de LB0FI

Marnoch Standen

Aug 21, 2023, 9:58:57 AM8/21/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Never seen or heard of this and I wonder are you using a hands free BT speaker microphone…

Only ever seen updating firmware even when connected to a motorcycle…

Sorry not much help and hope you can resolve it.

Min G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Morten Marius Wiken

Aug 21, 2023, 3:03:57 PM8/21/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Nothing else than an Android phone connected. The menu has a device battery line which reads, somewhat inconsistent, between 0.2 and 8ish volts. This is not my rig at the moment, but a loaner from a dealer to make some videos on. I will probably end up buying it though, because this is a radio I would really like to like.

Marnoch Standen

Aug 21, 2023, 4:08:26 PM8/21/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Strange it's not showing 13v or near on the app...

Check supply cables and fuses incase if an issue.

Marnoch Standen

Aug 21, 2023, 4:12:59 PM8/21/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Attached is my screen shot and at the top is shows voltage of the power supply... For no reason should it go below about 12.5 v

Min G0JMS 👍

On Mon, 21 Aug 2023, 20:04 Morten Marius Wiken, <morten....@gmail.com> wrote:
Screenshot_20230821-210916.png

Morten Marius Wiken

Aug 23, 2023, 5:08:27 AM8/23/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I have checked with two different power supplies, three power cables and a battery. The same issue persists. The radio works with full output though, so I believe there is some faulty reading either in the app or in the firmware of the radio.

The only thing I haven't checked is the inline fuses close to the radio. I could try replacing those just as a final test.

Thanks for your help.

Marnoch Standen

Aug 23, 2023, 7:17:47 AM8/23/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the checks and I can only suggest trying 2 things, a different phone and get the radio changed if you seeing this issue still.

I’m using a Beta version of the firmware without any issues  2.6.3.1 (2023-07-09)   and it’s not been reported before. I thinks you have been given a radio which may have issues and suggest you speak to the supplier..

Morten Marius Wiken

Aug 23, 2023, 8:23:10 AM8/23/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I also think that there is some issues with the radio. I just sent an email to the dealer and I am awaiting a reply from them. I have also measured the voltage at the soldering points on the PCB to 13.8V.

Thanks for helping!

LB0FI

Marnoch Standen

Aug 23, 2023, 8:26:18 AM8/23/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for letting us know and please update us as it could help others if this issue is seen again.

The radio is good value with its quirky App and I hope the dealer sorts this out.

Morten Marius Wiken

Aug 23, 2023, 8:37:36 AM8/23/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I just spoke to the dealer now, he has sent the issue to the manufacturer to see if there are any simple tricks to be done. Hopefully there is.

Marnoch Standen

Aug 23, 2023, 8:42:02 AM8/23/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

They are normally quick to respond and give good support when you get past the translation barrier J

Min.