Ability to run Android on Pi4 - Working !

Erik Gaudin

Jun 13, 2024, 3:03:53 PMJun 13
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Greeting everyone,

I want to share what i did, working !

I use the Vero-N7500 as a home station (not mobile), so didn't want to keep an android (or tablet) phone dedicated to this device for APRS 24hrs communication.. So i end-up with this solution

  • Raspberry Pi4
  • Burn "emteria" image on the SD Card (it's a Android port-out)
  • Create a free account on their site and grab a free 3 licences (they use a voucher method, documented on their site)
  • Instal a "Fake" GPS APK (so my coordonate is fixed to my location all the time). Because Pi4 don't came with GPS.. and if it's for a fixed location.. don't need any "hardware GPS"
  • Install HT application

Marnoch Standen

Jun 13, 2024, 3:11:05 PMJun 13
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Well done Erik.

If your on FB can you put it also on there, if not would you allow it to be copied for others.

Min G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Erik Gaudin

Jun 14, 2024, 1:35:15 PMJun 14
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I'm not on FB,

but this document is shared to anyone who have the link, so feel free to share it to anyone who can benefith using it :)

Marnoch Standen

Jun 14, 2024, 1:36:10 PMJun 14
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Erik.