VR-N75 2m VHF?

Chris Brown

Jun 13, 2023, 2:59:38 PM6/13/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Do we know if the company plans to make a 2m VHF version of the VR-N75?

I would love to get one, but what I want to use it for mainly is APRS on 144.390. I really enjoy my N7500 and having an HT version would be awesome.

Or has someone cracked the N75 to run 2m?

Marnoch Standen

Jun 13, 2023, 3:09:52 PM6/13/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Chris

Don't think it's a radio that would be altered to 2 m as the filters and internals would be for 70 cm...

There was talk of new radios and the website for the makers has got some new ones on show but no details???  Yet

Have they missed a market of not having a HH with arps and app???
But you can use the app via the internet or aprsdroid which has smart beaconing...

Min Standen G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Chris Brown

Aug 31, 2023, 3:06:16 PM8/31/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hey Min,

I think they could've had a very competitive radio with a VHF HT running APRS. Especially having some app control with it.

But, I'm not in marketing or RnD for them! If they ever make a VHF version of it, I know I would buy it right away.

Konstantin Läufer

Feb 19, 2024, 2:33:45 PMFeb 19
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
FWIW, I recently acquired an affordable APRS-capable handheld for a good price (it's usually around $120):

Lanchonlh HG-UV98, an analog dual-bander with Bluetooth, GPS, and built-in support for APRS. APRS messaging works via APRSdroid. Chirp support is in good shape.

(I don't think would pair with the N7500, though.)

There is a small user community: https://groups.io/g/HG-UV98-users

Min G0JMS

Feb 19, 2024, 5:23:02 PMFeb 19
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band

Hi.

Interesting HH radio not seen before and I wonder if the N7500 app will configure to make changes to the radio.

I believe that the app is used for other radios but this is the first under another name.

We wait to see what shows up on the market...

Let us know how you get with it.

Min Standen G0JMS

Konstantin Läufer

Feb 21, 2024, 8:32:08 PMFeb 21
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hi, unfortunately, the Vero HT app won't find the HG-UV98 when attempting to pair a new walkie talkie device.

I believe this is because the app works only with radios that support Vero's proprietary protocol, while the TNC built into the HG-UV98 supports the standard AX.25 KISS HEX protocol.

It would be cool if the N7500 could be configured to support KISS HEX. That would effectively make it compatible with open-source apps such as APRSdroid.

Take care,

Konstantin

Robert Becker

Feb 24, 2024, 4:19:15 PMFeb 24
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band

I bought the wireless mic. The transmit audio has an echo sound when received, has anyone seen this problem? Also, the mic voice prompt is in Chinese.

Thanks,

Bob Becker
W6DZL

Marnoch Standen

Feb 24, 2024, 4:36:33 PMFeb 24
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Only issues seen and found have been that people have connected BT items to the radio or radio and app.

They must only be connected via the app.

To clear the problem a simple reset can resolve.

It seems BT connection gets confused.
Let us know how you get on.

Min Standen G0JMS
07917 830 410

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com
---

Marnoch Standen

Feb 24, 2024, 4:41:16 PMFeb 24
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
The language can't be change and it says welcome and goodbye.

Min G0JMS

Bob Becker

Feb 24, 2024, 8:09:16 PMFeb 24
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
No problem BT link between wireless mic, wireless PTT button, radio and app. Attached is the audio from the mic.

Bob
W6DZL

Voice 002.m4a

Bob Becker

Feb 24, 2024, 8:35:20 PMFeb 24
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
To link the mic and PPT button double power button until the radio blinks alt colors the double click the mic power button and they link. Same for the PTT button.

Bob

Marnoch Standen

Feb 25, 2024, 3:36:58 AMFeb 25
to vero...@googlegroups.com
Do not connect via the radio it has to be via the app only.

Feb 25, 2024, 8:01:44 AMFeb 25
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I'll try that.

Thanks,

Bob W6DZL

Marnoch Standen

Feb 25, 2024, 2:45:10 PMFeb 25
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
No do not connect to the radio it MUST be via the app....

Min Standen G0JMS

Jon Loehr

Apr 26, 2024, 2:56:48 AMApr 26
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I know this is an old question, but wanted to let you know what the N76 dual band HT was announced.  It is currently being pre-sold as a RADIODDITY GA-5WB but according to the user manual on the website, it calls itself the N76 when you pair it in the HT app.  https://de.radioddity.com/products/radioddity-ga-5wb  and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSa5zlQ5Yv8