Bluetooth improvement

chris

Mar 22, 2024, 3:20:56 PMMar 22
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
This is my short term solution for better bluetooth signal. I figured there would be better coverage if the antenna didn't have the radio case to transmit through. My eyes are old and I have a hard time seeing the circuit board to add an external antenna. I also am not sure on where to solder the coax shield to. When I try to do the external antenna, I will post my results. Also, I haven't seen it in other posts, but interesting to see a data and usb cutout on the front of the chassis.
IMG_0056.jpg

Kaush

Mar 27, 2024, 6:04:39 PMMar 27
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Chris, did you find any more information about these ports?

Thanks,
Kaush

chris

Mar 27, 2024, 6:04:50 PMMar 27
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Here is a better pic of what I wound up with........ It does seem to help a little bit for range to the tablet, but no real noticeable change to the HT range. I'm gonna have to do antennas on both for real improvement.IMG_0063.jpeg

Marnoch Standen

Mar 27, 2024, 6:04:54 PMMar 27
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
There were some that had installed a further antenna from the wire that goes to the small antenna on the front.
There may be a restriction on the circuit as some have looked.at.

I believe that increase in TX has to equal to RX and the return TX or its a waste.

Enjoy experimenting

Min Standen G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

C.L. Hollahan