"HT" Android App for Retevis RT 99 or Vero N7500

Don Judd

Aug 7, 2023, 10:59:14 PM8/7/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I am thinking of buying one of these transceivers.  Has anybody verified the security/privacy of this application that utilizes a QQ based server?  Are there any phone access permissions that should not be allowed?

I downloaded the HT appl.  When I opened it there was a prompt in Chinese that I am guessing is an app.or firmware upgrade but am hesitant to accept/allow the prompt.

Thanks.

Joshua Mesilane

Aug 7, 2023, 11:02:25 PM8/7/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Nobody has reported any security or privacy issues with the app.

If you use FB or Google you have more to fear there.

Accept the prompts, carry on.

If anyone, China, the US, etc want your info then they're going to get it regardless of if you accept a prompt in an app or not ;)

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Marnoch Standen

Aug 8, 2023, 4:39:42 AM8/8/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I have been using this radio for nearly 3 years and not found any issues with my bank account being emptied or my details ending up on Tictok...

The network channels are quite on the ones I listen too, the Chinese ones I don't understand.these work like ZELLO so what information are they going to gain from listening to hearing about a hospital appointment!!!

We all take a risk with technology and what you put out there you need to manage.

Josh is correct in what he says.

If your not happy use a dumb phone Android even an old model will work.

Enjoy the radio and it's many features...

Min G0JMS 👍

Don Judd

Aug 8, 2023, 10:57:51 AM8/8/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band

Is the VGC BMH78GN BT Speaker Mic. fully compatible with the Retevis RT99 which I understand is the same as the VGC VR N7500.  Is this speaker/mic. a valuable addition in lieu of using a cell phone or pad, particularly when driving, etc.

Thanks,

Don

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com
---

Marnoch Standen

Aug 8, 2023, 11:00:59 AM8/8/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Hi Don

It’s the same radio only badged for Retevis and I have both models and no issues with the BT microphones working with each.

Min G0JMS

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band" group.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Veron7500/65f5fb38-0e5f-462c-8aae-47c9e7b09520%40gmail.com.

Don Judd

Aug 8, 2023, 11:50:18 AM8/8/23
to 'Marnoch Standen' via Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band

Thanks for your prompt response.

73,

Don