Auto power off?

KM6LYW Radio

Jun 9, 2023, 3:01:15 PM6/9/23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
So the one feature I can't get to work is the "auto power off".  I can enable it, but it never powers down after the prescribed time (2 hours in my case).  What keeps it awake? PTT?  APRS?  other?

I'm concerned it's transmitting an aprs beacon all day, every day in the garage on a car battery.

curiously,
craig
KM6LYW

Marnoch Standen

Jun 9, 2023, 3:11:27 PM6/9/23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Hi Craig

Not heard that one before and interesting.

I wonder if anybody can try this test and see what happens.

I can do this until next week.

Min G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Ken B.

May 23, 2024, 12:42:30 PMMay 23
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Did you get this to work?

Where did you find the option to set the power off option? I don't see it in the manual.

Ken KB7WHO

Marnoch Standen

May 23, 2024, 12:45:54 PMMay 23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
I tested this and power off timer will not function if there is a tx before the time runs out, so if you have APRS on and it beacons the timer will restart..

Min G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com
---

Ed Slabinski

May 23, 2024, 4:22:12 PMMay 23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
A workaround for me was to add a switch/relay. I wired from the battery, to the relay and then the transceiver. I use the cars radio as the relay trigger so it turns on/off with the car. I also wired in a separate 12v switch to the relay so I can run the radio with the ignition switch off if needed.