Re: [Veron VR-N7500 Google Group] BT LCD Mic distorted audio

Message has been deleted

Marnoch Standen

Apr 28, 2021, 8:09:24 AM4/28/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Did you pair it to the radio or phone. Phone is the correct way don't over drive the microphone as I found the audio needs to be high and reducing it worked.
Caution of distance and objects in the way of BT.
If you have not read the document on the microphone I did I'll send it to you.

Min Standen G0JMS

On 28 Apr 2021 13:01, Jack <ja...@satterfield.org> wrote:

Hello Min,
A couple of us on our local repeater have the new LCD mics, the xmit audio really sounds awful....distortion/mushy audio..... since it is the same on all different mics don’t think it is a bad mic. Wondering if you have similar experience?
Has this been reported to manufacturer?

Regards
Jack
W4GRJ

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
   vero...@googlegroups.com

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Marnoch Standen

Apr 28, 2021, 8:44:46 AM4/28/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Yes there was a minor firmware change which was for the handheld radio so they could all pair.
Advise testing audio before going out into the wide world. Just to see what it sounds like.
Have fun.

Min Standen G0JMS

On 28 Apr 2021 13:34, Jack <ja...@satterfield.org> wrote:
figured it out BE-78
when i paired with the phone it is updating firmware to 0.4.14
hope this fixes the audio issue
tnx...as usual
Jack
W4GRJ

On Apr 28, 2021, at 8:18 AM, Jack <ja...@satterfield.org> wrote:

I see the 7500 paired to phone but do not see the mic
what is it listed as in the pairing listings?

On Apr 28, 2021, at 8:09 AM, 'Marnoch Standen' via Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band <Vero...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com
---

Jack

Apr 28, 2021, 9:00:29 AM4/28/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
now paired to phone
rev audio is fine however cannot key radio on xmit
when putt is pushed a green square comes up on the phone app says press speak
suggestions
tnx
Jack W4GRJ

Marnoch Standen

Apr 28, 2021, 9:14:30 AM4/28/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Now try pairing to radio.
Or check the settings in the app.
You should be able to get both to work.
Or separately.

Min Standen G0JMS

Marnoch Standen

Apr 28, 2021, 9:49:45 AM4/28/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Jack

You can only connect one BT microphone at a time and you can select which on in the connections page of the app..

Min G0JMS

Capt Jack

Apr 28, 2021, 9:53:05 AM4/28/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
If i turn blue tooth off in phone mic does pair with radio
Only when i pair mic to phone do i have ptt issue

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

From: 'Marnoch Standen' via Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band <Vero...@googlegroups.com>
Date: 4/28/21 9:49 AM (GMT-05:00)

Marnoch Standen

Apr 28, 2021, 10:59:05 AM4/28/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Try pairing with radio and microphone….

I saw this the other day when fiddling on the motorcycle.

Min G0JMS

jack satterfield

Apr 29, 2021, 7:23:34 AM4/29/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Evidently it is important on sequence of paired connection.

Here is how I got the mic to work when paired with phone

Turn blue tooth off on phone

Turn radio on

Turn Bluetooth on phone

Turn mic on

Pair with phone

Now I need to get audio reports to see if tx audio has improved

Jack

W4GRJ

Marnoch Standen

Apr 29, 2021, 8:10:57 AM4/29/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Progress…

Jack

Apr 29, 2021, 8:25:52 AM4/29/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
one other comment...just discovered
I turned the mic off for a moment, when turned back on it was showing connected
however PTT not working. I disconnected mic from phone reconnected mic
PTT now working

Marnoch Standen

Apr 29, 2021, 8:30:38 AM4/29/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com