Radio won't TX on UHF. Zero power output. VHF is fine.

gearjunkie340

Apr 10, 2024, 2:28:33 AMApr 10
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
My radio won't TX on uhf, at all! Still under warranty but getting a hard time with that. It's actually a Retevis RT99, but exactly the same radio. Trying to get schematics? Any help here would be appreciated. It is only 8 months old. Works on VHF. may need a mosfet rf chip?

Marnoch Standen

Apr 10, 2024, 2:41:47 AMApr 10
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
It's unusual for the UHF side to have issue and we know the solution on the 2 M side.  if it's under warranty then the dealer should support you.

No circuit diagram seems be available yet so far..

Try going directly to the company and see what result you get.

Min G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

gearjunkie340

Apr 10, 2024, 8:07:36 AMApr 10
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Thanks  Marnoch.
I've been in contact with Retevis several times now and haven't heard anything in a while since my last message.  I've told them 3 times it's under warranty.  Seems to be a language barrier.  He told me a part number of what he called a power tube? And said there was an attachment in the email showing where it was. I told him there was no attachment and it's under warranty.  No response now in 3 days. What's the repair for the vhf side? It's probably them same thing. I believe there are 2 transmitters?

Marnoch Standen

Apr 10, 2024, 8:17:37 AMApr 10
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
There to channels and wonder why UHF has gone... It just the few reports seen.
How many radios have you had trouble with?

They should support the radio but I would try Vero it's the same thing.

Yes they call it a power tube and they are small.

Min G0JMS

Alex

Apr 10, 2024, 9:28:20 AMApr 10
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
If communication is the problem, Google translate will translate english to mandarin.

gearjunkie340

Apr 10, 2024, 9:28:25 AMApr 10
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
I have only had trouble with this one radio.
Steve