New Dual Band Radio VR-N76

Min G0JMS

May 21, 2024, 3:15:01 PMMay 21
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
My VR-N76 arrived and I have been testing it out and found it good, simply transfered my N700 setting a data with APRS.
The has 12 memory banks of 10 with FM broadcast radio, plus a bright colour screen, load audio and good battery "C" type for charging. I've not tried out the BT speaker microhone yet, but I'm very please with the App interface and the quality of the radio with its water resistant seals around the battery. It's going to be a keeper...
Min G0JMSOrange.jpg

Luke Hopkins

May 23, 2024, 12:42:30 PMMay 23
to vero...@googlegroups.com

Is this released yet? I cannot find it anywhere, but seems to be exactly what I need!

Any additional info + review would be great!

Thanks Min

Min G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

gearjunkie340

May 23, 2024, 12:42:30 PMMay 23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Looks interesting.  I'll check it out.

Marnoch Standen

May 23, 2024, 12:48:37 PMMay 23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
It's not fully released yet it seems but can be seen on the Vero website if your browser allows you to connect..

I got mine direct from Vero and Beta testing it and very pleased with it so far.. it well made..

Marnoch Standen

May 23, 2024, 12:49:47 PMMay 23
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Seems I jumped the gun and supplies and agents are still being sorted out... Let's hope soon..

Min G0JMS

Lou Scalpati

May 24, 2024, 4:34:28 AMMay 24
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Marnoch Standen

May 24, 2024, 4:38:48 AMMay 24
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

Still working on it and very impressed so far.

I got mine direct and they will be available in June or July but could be under different known names... For different countries...

Finding it a solid body radio with a good receiver... With reports so far of being good through my local repeater.

Min G0JMS 👍

Ron Startzel

May 27, 2024, 3:56:34 PMMay 27
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Any idea if they will do digipeating like the 7500?

Same app, but maybe not 100% the capability.

Marnoch Standen

May 27, 2024, 4:15:06 PMMay 27
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
I'll do a test on that for you.

Min G0JMS

Dee High

Jun 9, 2024, 4:56:46 AMJun 9
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
does anybody know what advantages the new mic BHM-79 has for N7500 users, compared to the original one? I mean apart from beeing charged via USB C. Comercial states that it can switch on off main unit per mic.
Cheers,
Detlef
DG3FG

Ron Startzel

Jun 11, 2024, 9:07:09 AMJun 11
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Min,

Were you able to verify if it will do digipeating?  Hoping it will since it uses the same app.  May not be available in the firmware.  If not, maybe a possible update in the future.

73,

Ron

Marnoch Standen

Jun 11, 2024, 1:33:37 PMJun 11
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Yes it does everything that the N7500 does.
Having it's own GPS which picks up it's position quickly outdoors (on the UK) it does beaconing and digipeat.. but remember it's only 5 watts.
Reception is sensitive with the supplied antenna.

I'm impressed with the radio the features and quality... Most of the features/settings are contained in the HH and transfer over easily from the app.

Hope this helps.

Min Standen G0JMS