N7500 frequency editing tool

C.A. Jones

Aug 31, 2021, 3:16:44 PM8/31/21
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Min G0JMS,

Going back to your message of 25-Jan "What would you sensibly like on the radio if possible?", and relating to the frequency programming tool, unless I'm somehow doing something incorrectly, or misinterpreting the functionality of the spreadsheet, I'm not seeing a full listing of commonly accepted/utilized CTCSS/PL tones in the drop downs for the receive and transmit CTCSS entries.

After downloading the spreadsheet and testing its operation, and by comparison of the available dropdown values against the commonly accepted PL values, it appears that the "8850" that appears as the sample entries for these fields corresponds to 88.5 Hz.  But the available values appear to then be just a subset of these commonly accepted values.

Would it be possible to extend the dropdown values to include all of the common PL frequencies as shown in the attachment?

Thanks for your consideration of this request.

On a related note, is the functionality of the "No Launch" and "Direct Frequency" parameters documented somewhere?  I have intuitive guesses regarding their operation, but would prefer to not be guessing.  Again, thanks.

Chris Jones  -  K2CZ
CTCSS_tones.jpg

Marnoch Standen

Aug 31, 2021, 4:04:02 PM8/31/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris just change the times to what you need is the simple answer.
I didn't write the program as it was done by the developer.

It does the tones I need and have not tried to expand that part of page 2 to see if additional ones cause any issues. I would not thinks so as it's the main page that is copied for email.

Good luck with it.

Min Standen G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

C.A. Jones

Aug 31, 2021, 4:28:35 PM8/31/21
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I guess you mean change the tones after the info is copied to the app.  No apparent way to change it within the spreadsheet before copying, due to it being protected.

Not optimal, but OK, it is what it is.

Thx for the quick response.

Marnoch Standen

Aug 31, 2021, 4:52:36 PM8/31/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
I have changed the data on the other page (page 2) to give the tones you need.
Enter the information you want and then send it email it to the phone then open the app.

Try password Vero I think it was.

Min Standen

Marnoch Standen

Aug 31, 2021, 5:33:54 PM8/31/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chris

I have just checked the program and you can change column “B” to what tone you want….

Don’t touch the  “A” or that messes it up.. just add tones you need to.

Min G0JMS

image001.png
N7500 frequency editing tool (2).xlsm