Chevrolet and the VR-N7500 Help

David S

Jul 13, 2021, 1:17:58 PM7/13/21
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hello,

Anyone using the VR-N7500 in a newer Chevrolet? My friend has a 2021-22 Chevrolet truck. I can pair the VR-N7500 to the truck. But only as a phone. There is no audio in or out to the truck.

Thanks,
David

Dee High

Jul 20, 2021, 12:10:49 PM7/20/21
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hi David,
I don't have a Chevrolet to try, but can report from other experiences with vehicle infotainment systems in conjunction with the VR-N7500
.
The infotainment system of my VW brand radio connects to the VR-N7500, but don't even properly work as a BT headset.
As other handsfree speaker systems and BT headsets  or BT headphones do work flawlessly with 2way audio, apart from the PTT, which has to come from the wireless button,
I suppose it's to do with the old BT profiles most vehicle infotainment systems only support.
Other features apart from BT headset generally won't work unless you take a 2nd source car stereo radio that runs Android as OS and install the HT.apk to it, to control the VR-N7500.

Best 73,
DG3FG

David S

Jul 22, 2021, 12:28:35 PM7/22/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Dee for the info. The VR-N7500 does work on my Mazda 2016 CX-5  infotainment system. Well I guess my friend is out of luck.

--
Thanks, David

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
Thomas Jefferson

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com