New Firmware and Network function

Bryan

May 19, 2021, 11:27:45 PM5/19/21
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
I downloaded the new firmware about a month ago.  Now, I can no longer get the Networking to function correctly.  I can transmit a message from a remote cell phone however I cannot receive voice on the remote cell phone.  It gives the pop-up message that I am receiving but nothing is heard.

Anyone else having issues with Networking?

Thanks,
Bryan, KF1D

Marnoch Standen

May 20, 2021, 8:01:11 AM5/20/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bryan

I used the network the other week and tested today on a couple of channels and found no problem, only my finger issue of not removing the silence cross off the speaker !!!!!!

Seems to be OK this end…

Let us know what you find out.

Min G0JMS

--
You can reply in normal email or send via normal email by using
vero...@googlegroups.com

Bryan

May 20, 2021, 10:54:06 PM5/20/21
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hi Min,
Could you check to see if you have the same firmware as I do:

Device Settings > Firmware Version:  0.4.11
Settings > Version:  1.4.12.18

Marnoch Standen

May 21, 2021, 7:15:24 AM5/21/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bryan

I have the Beta tester version of software 1.4.12.23 which seems to be working well for me so far.

I had the update about 3-5 weeks ago.

I trust you have checked for any update on Google Play.

If you list the phone model, and the issues you’re seeing the developer would be interested as they are very good at listening at issues and dealing with errors.

Marnoch Standen

May 21, 2021, 8:45:50 AM5/21/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com

Bryan

I should have said if you want to do a test and arrange a sked let me know….

Min G0JMS

Bryan

May 21, 2021, 11:38:54 PM5/21/21
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
Hi Min,
I think I got it working.  I have learned then when going strictly network to network you cannot key up the radio (even if the frequency is set).  In order to key up the radio, I need to go from network to a bound network channel.  As for the issue of not receiving voice on the remote cell phone, this has been resolved.  I wish I knew what the issue was, but today it was working correctly.

Bryan

May 21, 2021, 11:40:14 PM5/21/21
to Vero VR N7500 Dual Radio Band
By the way, excellent review of the  Vero VGC N75 HandHeld Radio on your YouTube channel.

Bryan, KF1D

Marnoch Standen

May 22, 2021, 3:22:28 AM5/22/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bryan

Good step forward and finding the network and RF setup.
I can monitor several network channels and RF at the same time but if called on net a quick search to find out which network channel ( looking for a green dot) before switching to that channel.
I do recommend anybody calling CQ that they give time for the call to be answered plus which channel being used.
Nothing worse than trying to switch over the app to network and the correct one !!!!

To combine RF and network they need to be bound to a frequency and at the moment this software sets 1 frequency of the radio to all network channels and I have asked the software maker to look at changes to this.

As countries have a different frequencies allocation caution should used if international networking to RF is used with agreed partners.  The RF to network works well and the app works well which some have used. Possibilities for groups that are out of RF range is interesting.

Anybody that has used this feature please less us all know about it.

Min G0JMS 👍

Min Standen G0JMS

Marnoch Standen

May 22, 2021, 3:27:37 AM5/22/21
to Vero...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback

I'm not an unboxing person and not good on YouTube  I did that some time ago forgetting I had it still on the PC.

Min Standen G0JMS